top of page
  • How do I get a Home Safety Visit to install smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors?
    The CAFD provides Home Safety Visits at no cost to residents who are within our fire service area. If you are outside of this area, the American Red Cross offers free Home Fire Safety Visits to install smoke alarms. You can schedule an appointment with them by calling (218) 722-0071 or by clicking here.
  • Can I have a fire today?
    The fire danger and burning restriction maps are updated daily online here.
  • How do I get a burning permit?
    To get a burning permit or inquire if you need one, you will need to contact the Cloquet DNR by calling 1-866-533-2876 or applying online here.
  • How do I pay my ambulance bill?
    You can contact EMS|MC to get information about your bill, give your insurance information, or make a payment by calling (800) 814-5339 or go to the online patient portal here
  • What are the CAFD’s ambulance and fire service areas?
    The full-member communities that receive both fire and ambulance services include Cloquet, Scanlon, Perch Lake Township, and Brevator Township. Members that receive only ambulance service are in all or parts of Thomson, Twin Lakes, Industrial, Arrowhead, and Culver Townships. Through a professional services agreement for fire suppression, the CAFD also responds to all properties owned by the Fond du Lac Band, or band members in our region. To view the EMSRB Ambulance Primary Service Area map click here
  • How do I schedule a station tour?
    The CAFD provides tours at Station 1, located at 508 Cloquet Avenue, to anyone interested. This includes individuals, families, schools, childcare groups, etc. To schedule, please contact our Administrative Office at (218) 499-4258 or fill out the request form
  • How do I sign up for a CPR/EMR/EMT certification class?
    We may be able to provide full courses or a refresher course for CPR (AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS, or PEARLS), EMR, and EMT at this time. To schedule, please contact our Training Officer, Joe Pulford, at (218) 499-4258, email, or fill out the request form here.
  • When is the next CAFD Board meeting? Can I attend?
    CAFD regular board meetings are held on the third Wednesday of every month at the Carlton County Community Services building located at 1307 Cloquet Avenue to conduct District business. All regular board meetings are open to the public and participation either in person or virtually is encouraged. View our district calendar here to find our GoToMeeting link to attend a meeting virtually.
  • How do I get my ambulance or fire report?
    You will need to fill out a release of information that you can get by emailing Administrative Assistant Jamie Matthews at or coming into the administrative office during our administrative hours. For any questions, she can also be reached at (218) 499-4258.
  • What are your regular Administration office hours?
    Monday through Thursday from 7-4 p.m. and Friday from 7-11 a.m.
  • How do I contact someone outside of regular Administration business hours?
    For non-emergencies, you can contact someone at Station 1 by calling (218) 879-6514. If it is an emergency, dial 911.
  • Is the CAFD staffed 24 hours for fire and ambulance service?
    Station 1 is staffed 24 hours. We also have three on-call stations located throughout our service area. Station 2 is located at 2779 Big Lake Road. Station 4 is located at 7246 Morris Thomas Road and Station 5 is located at 7912 Simon Road.
bottom of page