A Saturday morning structure fire resulted in injuries to one occupant and the death of a second. CAFD crews were dispatched to a report of a structure fire just after 2:00am on Saturday morning on Tyler Drive in Cloquet. Crews arrived to find a single family residence with heavy fire coming through the roof and windows on one half of the home. One person was able to get out of the home and was transported to a local hospital with non life threatening injuries. CAFD crews entered the structure and found the second occupant unresponsive in a main floor bedroom, and the victim was pronounced dead on the scene.
CAFD staff was assisted by the Carlton Ambulance, Carlton and Esko Fire Departments along with Cloquet and Fond Du Lac Police. The Fire is being investigated by CAFD and State Fire Marshal's office, and remains under investigation at this time. There were no working smoke alarms were found in the home after the fire. A CAFD firefighter was treated and released at a local hospital for minor injuries.
The CAFD offers home safety visits including the installation of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, free of charge to residents of the CAFD. Please call (218) 499-4258 or click here for more information.